The Central Bank of Curaçao & Sint Maarten will launch the new Instant Payment System soon. All amounts transferred between local banks will be credited instantly, if the Banco di Caribe (BdC) account number is written correctly. All transfers with the incorrect BdC account number will be rejected.
BdC account numbers
A BdC account number consists of 8 uninterrupted digits, without dots, dashes, slashes, spaces or other symbols. Please take note of the correct and incorrect way to write a BdC account number:
- Correct example: 20221701
- Incorrect example:202217.01
- Other incorrect examples:202.217.01 / 202-217.01
What can you do to avoid the muss?
- Please make sure to insert the BdC account number correctly to avoid eventual discomfort or arrears in loan payments.
- Check your payee list.
- Check all documents that include BdC account numbers.
Are you well informed about the correct way to note BdC account numbers? Visit our Facebook page after reading below information and participate in our Facebook Q&A to test your knowledge!
Facebook Q&A Terms & Conditions
Are you participating in our Facebook Q&A? Please be informed that you have to comply with below conditions in order to participate:
- Everyone with a legitimate Facebook account can participate in the Q&A contest
- The participating Facebook account must have at least:
- A real first and last name;
- A minimum of 100 Facebook friends.
- Banco di Caribe will post a question about our account numbers on January 17, 2022.
- Our Facebook audience will be allowed to comment the right answer on the question, choosing only between the following options: A, B or C. It is not allowed to write additional remarks together with the chosen option. For example; ‘C is the correct answer’. This will be considered as invalid.
- Comments with the answer can be placed on the Facebook post till Friday, January 21, 2022 at 11.59 pm.
- Each participating Facebook account is allowed to add one comment with the answer on the Facebook post. Adding more than one comment on the Facebook post will not increase the chance to win. The right answer will be carefully selected conform our legal procedures and will be revealed through a post on Banco di Caribe’s Facebook page in the week of January 31, 2022, including the name of the winner.
- The winner will receive a MultiCard on his/her name with $25,-. The price is not exchangeable for money.
- If the winner already has a MultiCard, the $25, will be credited on the existing MultiCard.
- Banco di Caribe will contact the winner in the week of January 31, 2022 to provide her/him with more information about the prize claiming procedure.